Sometimes we want to move to a foreign country and start a new life and begin again with our family and loved ones. Thus, immigrating to our dream city is one of the best decisions that you can ever make in your life. However, how can you stay there for good if you are tight on your budget?
The United Kingdom or the UK is probably one of the dream countries that every individual has written on their bucket list of “countries to visit.” Also, the UK can be one of the accommodating countries if you ever have plans on staying for good and living there permanently.
However, having plans to settle in the United Kingdom can be pretty expensive, given that you are moving into a new country. Also, the applications and other necessary steps, such as consulting UK immigration lawyers, are needed to approve your immigration application.
With that, this article will help all the things you need to know when it comes to the budget management of immigrating to the United Kingdom. We will also list some of our tips to correctly manage your UK immigration budget.
The Essentials of Immigrating to the United Kingdom
Before planning on immigrating to the United Kingdom, you must first know what the things you will need and how much they cost to prepare enough money for your immigration plans.
Thus, here is the list of the essentials when immigrating to the United Kingdom
- Visa- It is one of the vital documents that an immigrant to the UK must have. Aside from your passport, which consists of your personal information provided by your birth country, a visa is a provisional authority provided by a government to a foreign person to visit, stay within, or depart its borders. If you plan to go to the UK, a visa can cost you more than you can expect. The application for a visa to the UK may cost you 244 to 516 euros, depending on what visa you are applying for. You are also obliged to pay the UK immigration healthcare charge, which costs 940 to 3,120 euros.
However, if you are an employee or a skilled worker, you will need to pay an application fee for your visa, which ranges from 610 to 1,408 euros, and a UK immigration healthcare charge of 624 euros annually.
- Flight Cost- The flight cost will still depend on your country. It is better that you allocate enough funds for your flight ticket. You can also book earlier from its departure to avail the lower cost price of the UK flight.
- Travel Security- It is a mantra that you need to afford travel insurance to enjoy worry-free travel from the hassle of lost luggage or important stuff.
- Baggage and other stuff- moving into another country mean packing your things up. You will also need to budget for suitable luggage for your belongings.
- The United Kingdom’s everyday cost is essential to be prepared to support your needs when you move to another country. These everyday costs may range from paying for your apartment (it is good if you live on your property), food, bills and utilities, and clothes. If you live with your family, you may expect a 2,268 euros or $3,135 living cost. However, if you are a student, you can have a budget of 900 USD or 651 Euros
Tips for managing your immigration budget in the United Kingdom
Many ways to manage and not overspend your budget when immigrating to the United Kingdom. We listed some tips to help you have the perfect budget planning.
- Assess the expenses ahead of time- it is better to plan and weigh the possible cost of your immigration plan. You must prepare your budget plan from the visa application, immigration application, consulting with London immigration lawyers, and other travel necessities.
- Know the purpose of every payment you make- it is one thing that every immigrant should take note of is to be aware of what they are paying for. It is better that you consult with a reputable and expert immigration lawyer or counsel so that they can assist you with your immigration cost.
Immigrating from one place to another can be expensive. It is like starting a new life over again. Thus, a controlled and managed budgeting is essential for you to move into another country, especially in the United Kingdom. We hope that this article has helped you to start managing and planning your budget as you immigrate to the UK.