Translink, CDE Global and The Public Health Agency were among the winners at the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)’s prestigious Ireland Marketing Awards. The winners were judged by an esteemed panel of experts, including Nicky Jackson, deputy head of local campaigns for the Cabinet Office, and Ann McGregor FCIM, CEO of the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The awards were held at the magnificent Titanic Belfast and hosted by CIM, the world’s leading professional marketing body, with partners The Marketing Trust.
The ceremony highlighted the new face of marketing, with digital innovation and multichannel customer experience at the forefront of this year’s winning campaigns.
Digital Twenty Four scooped the prestigious ‘Agency of the Year’ title for its unrivalled performance in delivering marketing excellence for clients. Star campaigns include the Public Health Agency’s #NotSorryMums and Ardmore’s Translink Christmas. Employers for Childcare, InspecVision Ltd and Velocity Worldwide were also winners on the night.
Marketing manager Lauren Campbell was recognised as ‘Marketer of the Year’ for her professionalism and the outstanding business achievements she delivered for Victoria Square.
On the night, Chris Daly, chief executive of CIM, addressed the finalists by saying: “We are here tonight to recognise and celebrate the insight, creativity and impact Irish marketers are having on the world. With the hunt for Ireland’s best marketer almost complete, tonight we will celebrate and crown the very best our sector has to offer.”
“I am delighted that the Marketing Trust, which has provided invaluable support to the industry, has joined forces with us in Ireland for the first time, to highlight the advantage marketing can provide in today’s increasingly competitive – and often uncertain – business environment.”
Discussing the night, Eileen Curry, Chair of CIM Ireland, said: “It was a hugely successful night. It’s clear that the role of the marketer is becoming more demanding, competitive and varied as it expands to encompass data analysis, commercial awareness, business development and customer experience. Our winners have demonstrated the enormous value that marketing brings to a business or an organisation, particularly during these times of immense change. I would like to offer my congratulations to all who made it to the finals; they reflect the very best in marketing talent and I’d also like to thank our founding partner, The Marketing Trust, who help make these awards possible.”
The CIM Ireland Marketing Awards are a celebration of the very best marketing innovations, interventions and campaigns crafted by organisations, businesses and agencies from across Ireland.
Full list CIM Ireland Marketing Awards 2018 winners:
- Digital Twenty Four – Agency of the Year
- CDE Global – Marketing Team of the Year
- Lauren Campbell, Victoria Square – Marketer of the Year
- Translink – Best New Product, Business or Service Launch
- Public Health Agency – Cause Related Marketing
- Ulster Orchestra – Creative Industries Marketing
- Federation of Master Builders – Marketing in Construction, Engineering and other Manufacturing Sectors
- Velocity Worldwide – Marketing in Hotels, Leisure, Events, Travel and Tourism Sectors
- InspecVision Ltd – Most Marketing Impact on a Small Budget
- Employers for Childcare – Not for Profit Campaign/Marketing
- The Irish News – Professional Services Marketing
- Ardmore – Public Sector Marketing
- DIGG Childrenswear – Retail Campaigning
- Yelo Limited – Technology Marketing
- Thomas Doran – CIM Ireland Studying Member of the Year
- Digital Twenty Four – Chair’s Award for Best Campaign