The Lisburn City Business Awards 2015, one of the highlights in Lisburn’s business calendar, has been officially launched and is open for entries.
The awards, which are run by Lisburn City Council in association with Hanna Thompson Chartered Accountants, encourage local organisations of all sizes to enter and gain recognition for their hard work and professionalism.
Winners will be announced at a glittering gala ceremony at the Lagan Valley Island on Thursday 19th March, which this year includes a record sixteen award categories, including one of the top accolades for Lisburn Business Person of the Year.
A new category in 2015 is the Lisburn Business Contribution of the Decade Award to mark 10 years since the awards were originally launched.
Businesses should visit www.lisburncitybusinessawards.co.uk for details on categories and how to enter. The deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday 6th February.
Alderman Allan Ewart, Chair of the Economic Development Committee at Lisburn City Council said the awards are an opportunity to showcase the hard work, commitment and skill of Lisburn-based companies.
He said: “We have much to celebrate in Lisburn. We have a vibrant, strong business sector and these awards are our chance to recognise the dedication and spirit of enterprise that has contributed so much to the fabric of this city.
“I would encourage businesses from all sectors to put themselves forward for these diverse awards and to attend what promises to be a celebration of the very best that Lisburn has to offer.
“The 2015 event marks a very special occasion for the Council for two reasons; firstly because we are celebrating 10 years of our business awards, and secondly because this will be our last business awards event for the Lisburn City Council area. As you are aware, from the 1st of April a new Super Council, Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council will be established which will herald a new era for the Business Awards,” he added.
The full list of award categories is as follows:
- Lisburn Business Person of the Year Award (sponsored by Progressive Building Society)
- Young Entrepreneur Award (sponsored by First Trust Bank)
- Best Tourism Amenity (sponsored by Lisburn City Council)
- Excellence in Customer Service Award (Non Retail) (sponsored by Ulster Bank)
- Excellence in Customer Service Award (Retail) (sponsored by Lisburn City Centre Management)
- Best Marketing Initiative Award (sponsored by Bank of Ireland)
- Best New Business Award (sponsored by Lisburn Enterprise Organisation)
- Excellence in Manufacturing Award (sponsored by Danske Bank)
- Best Exporting Business Award (sponsored by Barclays)
- Business Growth Award (sponsored by Hanna Thompson Chartered Accountants)
- Best Social Enterprise Business Award (sponsored by Social Enterprise NI)
- Best Licensed Eating Establishment (sponsored by Pubs of Ulster)
- Best Non-Licensed Eating Establishment (sponsored by Andrew Ingredients)
- Innovation Award (sponsored by Invest NI)
- Investment in Health Award (sponsored by Public Health Agency)
- Lisburn Business Contribution of the Decade Award (sponsored by Montupet UK Ltd.)